Friday, December 19, 2008

Table Project

The table project - now this was probably my second favorite assignment. At first, I was frustrated with it because I wasn't familiar with it and I am a perfectionist. Then, I played around with it lots and realized how easy it was to just add more columns and rows!

I decided to do my table project on my influences on the flute. My two biggest influences were my teachers. I dedicated the first column to my undergraduate flute professor, and I dedicated the last column to my teacher here during my master's degree. In the middle, I had inserted the title of the table, and pictures of flutes, because that's what joins the two. Under the table, I typed out a little explanation of it all and talked a bit about why/how these two particular teachers have influenced me!

I see how useful using tables is. When I am on webpages now, I try my best to look at them in different ways, seeing how it could have been made from a table. Something that I would like to learn how to do is to make the columns differ from one another in size, because I have seen a lot of that on webpages, and I can't seem to figure it out. If I inserted a picture into one column that was larger than the picture in the next column, the table just seemed to put in extra space in the smaller picture's column so that it would end up being the same size as the first column.

No comments: